domingo, julho 30, 2006

Gaiman, Neil

“Ah, Mr. Kemble. Hello. Sorry if I got you out of bed or anything. This is, um, Peter Pinter.”
“Yes, Mr. Pinter?”
“Well, I’m sorry it’s so late, only I was wondering… How much would it cost to kill everybody? Everybody in the world?”
“Everybody? All the people?”
“Yes. How much? I mean, for an order like that, you’d have to have some kind of a big discount. How much would it be? For everyone?”
“Nothing at all, Mr. Pinter”
“You mean you wouldn’t do it?”
“I mean we would do it for nothing, Mr. Pinter. We only have to be asked, you see. We always have to be asked.”
Peter was puzzled. “But – when would you start?”
“Start? Right away. Now. We’ve been ready for a long time. But we had to be asked, Mr. Pinter. Good night. It has been a pleasure doing business with you”.

in We Can Get Them For You Wholesale, uma história curta que apaerece na colectânea Smoke and Mirrors

Etiquetas: